It's just me

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

What a day!

Hi, it's just me...What a day I've had! I'm so exhausted I shouldn't even be on here! It was a busy day at work today - as it is always - but I didn't stop all day other than to have lunch!

At noon I was talking with my husband about issues with my son. We haven't seen him for 3 months as he is under the care of the child services agency in town. We signed a voluntary placement agreement as he was an out of control teen and we just couldn't get a handle on him. Mistakenly we assumed (there's a dangerous word!) he, as well as us as a family, would get some much needed guidence and counselling. This is what we were led to beleive anyway, and I think that is what is supposed to happen. Well, other than placing him in temporary foster care, nothing has happened. So anyway, our agreement is up at the end of this month and we've decided not to sign it again.What for? Nothing will happen anyway! So, my husband and I were talking about what we expect could happen when our son comes home. We just got through saying we didn't think he would come home at all - that we get the feeling he wants nothing more to do with us when, lo and behold, he appears on our back porch! He and a friend were out fishing and caught this huge fish they didn't want. So, the boated over to our place and my son offered it to us if we wanted it. Surprise, surprise! Well, we accepted it and said thank you and then after a search for his other glasses - as he broke the first pair - off he went. Part of me wants so hard to believe that he's opened the door a crack...the other part is skeptacle of his intentions. Peace offering? A way in the door because he needed his glasses? You'd have to know the full story behind our dealings with this boy to understand why I am waffling in my thoughts of why he was here.

This afternoon after work my husband, son and I were to meet at a family councellors office for a 3 way meeting. My son didn't go. He told the lady yesterday that he just couldn't sit down with us yet. He didn't think he could get through a meeting with us. We told her about his appearance at the house and she was quite surprised by this turn around. We kept our meeting and are supposed to meet with her again in a couple days. She is going to try again to get our son there. We need to lay all cards on the table and discuss issues and expectations from all parties. Unless we get to the bottom of our son's anger, we really can't move forward.

Diet today has been hard to keep. I want chocolate so bad!!! Here is my menu from today - not great, but I wasn't home to cook properly today. My daughter cooked lunch, so I ate a bit of it. I cooked supper very quickly because it was almost 7:30 when we got home. I've stayed within points though...I think...

Breakfast

fibre 1 and skim milk (1)
2 weight watcher toast (1)
margarine and jam (1)

Lunch

kraft dinner (5)

Supper

homemade corned beef and hash (14)

Snack

airpopped popcorn - 3 cups (1)
1 t. margarine, melted (0.33)

Total - 23.33

I won't count banked points today as I'm not 100 % sure of the point count for the hash. so I didn't eat much today, did I? Unfortunately for me, what I did eat was high in points and not filling!

I must sign off for the night. It's almost 11 pm and I should be in bed already!



I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.
~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter
(http://www.quotegarden.com/family.html)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home