It's just me

Monday, August 09, 2004

I'm Hungry!

Hi, it's just me. So, today was my first day of Weight Watcher's recommitment and it went well, but I'm hungry! I so want to cheat, but I won't. Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast
pop tart 4.5 points
fibre 1 cereal and milk 1
half a banana 1

Lunch
1 cup hash brown casserole 3
store bought cookies 4

Snack
half a plain doughnut 2

Supper
skinless chicken leg 1
potato 2
1/2 cup mixed veg. 0.5
cookie 2

Snack
banana 2

Total 24
Banked points 1

Looking back, I think I had too much sweet stuff. Even though I didn't exceed my points for the day, I don't think I should have that much. I'll have to watch out tomorrow!

Busy day at work today - so busy, in fact, that I didn't take an afternoon break. I'm pretty tired tonight and really don't feel like doing any exercise - but I guess I must. With all the walking I do in my job, you'd think I'd be in great shape!

Found out today that my husband and I have a family councelling session tomorrow night with the family services agency in town. We've been having major problems with our 15 year old son and he isn't living at home right now. I think he is supposed to be at this session tomorrow night too...I wonder if he'll show up....he quite often likes to blow off these things. We'll see. I'm anxious about this meeting - I have questions I want answered as in my book, this agency has done nothing to help us or our son. I have questions I want my son to answer too - why he's so angry, why he tells such terrible lies around town about us, why he seems to hate us so much, is he now willing to try and meet us half way in trying to resolve family issues. At the same time I am dreading this meeting. I'm actually scared to see my son. He's not contacted us in the 3 months he's been gone, he looks at us with such hatred when he sees us around town...kind of makes my stomach tie up into knots when I think about it. Going to be a hard day tomorrow. If I can, I'll come on tomorrow night and put my thoughts to paper...I'll probably need to in order to sort out my feelings. I love my son...but that person who looks like my son isn't my son. I hope one day we get get our son back.

Well, I'm getting sleepy...I stayed up too late last night watching "Jamie"s Kitchen" and "Amish in the City". I'm enjoying them both, but should have watched them earlier! Tomorrow night is "The Amazing Race", so will watch that when I get home.

Looking back, I see this post is a bit on the boring side, but sometimes I find it just helps for me to get my thoughts down in black and white...I can sort things out in my mind and get a clearer perspective of things. Okay --I'm off for tonight.

Always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home